Monday, October 20, 2008

Leadership

Leadership is a scary. Leadership is not about looking cool, building your resume or making yourself big. If that’s your goals, you’re proud and you need to repent.  Leadership at its beginning is a heart thing.

 

We read in James 3:1 “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.”  Scared? Jesus in Matthew 23:15  “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.” How about now?

 

Why is that? Because leadership is responsibility. It is standing up and saying to God I’ll be responsible for them. They will have to stand before God for their choices, actions, and faith. But you will have to stand before God and say I pointed them to you, I taught them faithfully as best I could, shared with them, i encouraged them to pray, I prayed for them, I comforted them, as best I could with your spirit guiding and empowering I loved them as you have loved me,.

 

More so, as you grow as a leader, as your sphere of influence increases, so does your responsibility. It is one thing for you “go off the rails” if another to derail a train of many passengers.

 

What deep and godly joy it is to know that your ministry has not derailed but guided and equipped and pointed may to their heavenly destination.

 

Luke 12:33b  Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

No comments: